Re: [OPE-L] message from Samir on Harry Magdoff

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Tue Jan 03 2006 - 08:14:41 EST

---------------------------- Original Message ------------------------
Subject: from SAMIR AMIN
From:    "Samir AMIN" <samir.amin@wanadoo.fr>
Date:    Tue, January 3, 2006 6:29 am
To:      glevy@PRATT.EDU
         "Claude Misukiewicz" <claude@monthlyreview.org>-----

THE FAMILLY OF HARRY MAGDOFF
THE PEOPLE OF MR

Dear friends

The death of Harry is for me personnally a terrible event, in spite of
his age.
Harry was , along with Sweezy , my oldest dear friend in US.
I learned a lot and very early - since the early 50 s- from my readings
and soon after my meeting with him.
I loved the man, for all his person, not only intellectual quality,
immense courage in the heart of the beast, his illimited generosity.
I always remember the long discussions with him , the late BD ,
My wife Isabelle who participated in all these meetings loved both of
them.

to all the members of the familly, in particular the son, to all the
friends in MR I express here my deepest sorry

In solidarity
and love

SAMIR and ISABELLE AMIN