[OPE-L] Marx and markets

From: Jurriaan Bendien (adsl675281@TISCALI.NL)
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 17:16:39 EST

Oh, I found my bicycle keys for now, they were in another pair of pants. Did
you know that some sixty percent of the world's output of bicycles are now
being made in China ? There used to be about 50 bicycle factories and
hundreds of bicycle brands in the Netherlands. In 1995, bicycle factories
worldwide turned out an estimated 109 million bicycles. China, with an
output of 41 million bicycles, was already far and away the world leader.
India, now in second place with more than 12 million bicycles assembled, is
emerging as a bicycle power. http://www.worldwatch.org

J.