Re: [OPE-L] Oil Sands

From: michael a. lebowitz (mlebowit@SFU.CA)
Date: Tue Jan 24 2006 - 18:13:02 EST

A major difference between the Alberta oil sands and the heavy oil
deposits in Venezuela's Orinoco Belt  is temperature; for the latter,
it averages 53C (and the resource tends to be liquid) whereas for the
former it is about 11C (and tends to be solid).
         michael

At 12:30 24/01/2006, you wrote:
>New techniques have been developed, and are to be used in the Orinoco to
>extract such venezuelan oil.  Reports from the PDVSA explain this.
>
>Paul Bullock

Michael A. Lebowitz
Professor Emeritus
Economics Department
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5A 1S6

Currently based in Venezuela. Can be reached at
Residencias Anauco Suites
Departamento 601
Parque Central, Zona Postal 1010, Oficina 1
Caracas, Venezuela
(58-212) 573-4111
fax: (58-212) 573-7724