Re: [OPE-L] price of production/supply price/value

From: Andrew Brown (A.Brown@LUBS.LEEDS.AC.UK)
Date: Mon Jan 30 2006 - 04:02:47 EST

Ian,

You write:

"[T]he neo-Ricardian results on the TP ... in general demonstrate that
there is no necessary relationship between labour values and aggregate
price quantities. (This is an important point that I have only
recently understood, thinking that the neo-Ricardian critique was
essentially that Marx's conservation claims were contradictory. There
is more to it than that. They argue that labour values and prices are
in general unconnected accounting systems.)"

Which references would you suggest most clearly put the Neo-R critique in this way? Steedman's famous book (which I haven't studied closely) doesn't really pursue this line of argument systematically, in the sense that he is much more concerned with systematically showing redundancy and inconsistency of Marx's LTV.

Andy