Re: [OPE-L] price of production/value

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK)
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 16:58:38 EST

 Fred
Paul, as I discussed in a previous post, I am not insisting that every
theory use the same conceptual frameowrk.  Rather, I am emphasizing
that Marx's conceptual framework is very different from Sraffa's
conceptual framework, and thus that the conclusions derived from
Sraffa's framework do not apply to marx's framework.  I also agree
(with some reservations) that Sraffa's theory is about the same
reality as Marx's theory.  But I argue that Sraffian conclusions about
that reality (e.g. values not linked to prices) are not correct
conclusions, because the Sraffian framework is not the correct
framework for analyzing capitalist reality.

Comradely,
Fred
I agree that the sraffian framework is deficient, but I would argue
that it is deficient because it assumes a uniform rate of profit.