Re: [OPE-L] empirical research on labor and value

From: Jerry Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 11:32:16 EST

>  Perhaps I am
> running far ahead of myself here, in terms of what I can personally
> accomplish, maybe it's a task for the next generation of researchers - a
> challenge, friends! -, but anyway, they cannot say, it didn't cross my
> mind
> (it crossed my mind in June 1984 matter of fact, when I discovered that
> Pierre Frank - who had just died - actually tried to estimate the size of
> the world working class for various years).

Hi Jurriaan,

(For those on the list who don't know anything about him, Pierre Frank
was a secretary to Trotsky when he was in exile on Prinkipo and was a
leader -- along with others including Ernest Mandel and Livio Maitan --
of the United Secretariat of the Fourth International.  He was the author of
_The Fourth International: The Long March of the Trotskyists_).

Were there any details reported about what data, definitions, and
methodology he was using?

In solidarity, Jerry