Re: [OPE-L] The ideology of capitalist decline and decadence

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2006 - 16:00:20 EST

Hi Paul C,

I agree,  but the point remains that many (but certainly not
all) Marxian conceptions of crisis also claim that capitalism
has become decadent.

Trotsky, for example, as far back as 1938 referred to the
"death agony of capitalism".

Can we all agree that capitalism has _not_ been in "death
agony" since 1938?
I am in 100% agreement with you here. These assertions
by Trotsky and his followers always struck me as ludicrous
from the time I first read them in the 1970s.