Re: [OPE-L] Capital Income Balance

From: Kitamura Iwao (iwao_kitamura@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2006 - 16:26:58 EST

There is no difference in blue and black. I just drew it by excel
and paste it into rtf file. Those bars are all same quarterly net
capital incomeof US.

What characterizes US foreign investment position is that it
raise funds through government bond issue and invest in corporate
stocks and direct investmen. US had $2,367 billion of foreign direct
investment outstanding at current cost at the end of 2004 and
$2,520 billion of stocks while foreign investment from abroad was
$1,708 billion and corporate stocks owned $1,928 billion.

Both sides have been growing but it seems the gap will not change.

Iwao

>Note that there was an *attachment* to Iwao's message which contained
>a graph for the period 1965-2006.
>
>Iwao: in the graph, what is blue and what is black?
>
>In solidarity, Jerry
>
> > I think it is also interesting to see capital income balance as well
> > as asset balance.

MSN $B%7%g%C%T%s%0$G (BXbox360 $B$rAaB.%A%'%C%/!* (B
http://shopping.msn.co.jp/softcontent/softcontent.aspx?scmId=593