Re: [OPE-L] Elementary economics textbooks?

From: Jerry Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2006 - 11:40:11 EDT

>>>I am looking for one or two elementary economics textbooks. They
must cover the basic concepts of mainstream macroeconomics, but
in a critical way and opening spaces for critical intervention at the
levels of theory and empirical analysis. <<<

Alfredo,

This is a question which I have also been thinking about lately
in preparation for the Fall semester. As I suspect some others
on the list are also interested in hearing recommendations, I
suggest (contra your desire) that replies by made to the list.

I received a copy of _Macroeconomics_ by Paul Krugman and
Robin Wells recently and Marx doesn't even appear in
the Index.  Neither does Joan Robinson, Sraffa or Kalecki.  I guess
Krugman and Wells haven't been told about the "new pluralism"
in economic theory!

In solidarity, Jerry