Re: [OPE-L] Fwd: [PEN-L] an ad hominem response

From: Christopher Arthur (arthurcj@WAITROSE.COM)
Date: Sat Apr 15 2006 - 11:20:58 EDT

I think it is very simple - the ad hominem argument is one designed to
appeal to people's sensitivities, as opposed to strict logic. It is of
course frequently used when there is no good logical argument but there
may be. Marx is saying even if you don't follow my logic the facts
themselves cry out that there is something amiss.
Chris