Re: [OPE-L] Question about archives

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Tue Apr 18 2006 - 09:13:11 EDT

>   I seem to recall that at some point in the 90s Allin posted
> a series of entries to the list saying why he thought the labour
> theory of value held.
> I have been searching for these in the archives but don't
> seem able to find them.
> Can anyone help locate them?

Hi Paul C,

You have to give us something more to go on than that.

Here are some directions you can go to further specify the search:

1) if you recall that one of the posts in question cited an
unusual source or used an uncommon word then you can enter
that into the seach function on the main page of the archives.

2) if you can recall the thread title, then you can find it
coming from that direction (with an advanced 'google' search).

3) if you can recall what year in the 1990s Allin wrote his posts,
go to the year in question in the archives, select each month,
select author under each month, and then look for the posts written
by Allin.

4) Ask the author (Allin).

I have replied to the list because the above methods can be used
to locate other posts.

In solidarity, Jerry