Re: [OPE-L] The Value-Form (Appendix to the 1st German edition of Volume 1 of *Capital*) by Karl Marx

From: Jerry Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2006 - 12:26:15 EDT

> This is also Ch. 1 pp 9-34 in Debates in Value Theory, the collection I
> put together for CSE in 1992-3, published by Macmillan in 1994. As I
> recall, Wal Suchting (one of the original translators) made revisions
> for the piece in the book compared with the text as it appeared in C&C,
> to do with what was italicised (C&C had apparently garbled it a bit). I
> was working in Sydney at the time so it was easy to incorporate the
> corrections. If the Marxist Internet archive uses the C&C version, maybe
> the book chapter is the only reliably correct English language version?

Hi Simon,

I'm sure the MIA would be happy to make the revisions if they were
given permission by the publisher.  (Right, Hans?  You're still part of
the MIA collective, aren't you?)

When will _Debates in Value Theory, Volume 2_ be published?  And
how will the editor of that volume (you?) decide which articles and
authors to include?  I imagine that the selection of articles on value
theory debates post-1994 would be quite a controversial task ....

In solidarity, Jerry