[OPE-L] Peter Rachleff on May Day

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Fri Apr 28 2006 - 10:48:00 EDT

Sent to working-class-studies list.  I met Peter when I was in high
school (... a few years ago ...): we both grew up in the same
small city in Connecticut and his younger brother Larry (now an orchestra
leader in Houston, I think) was a friend and classmate of mine.  When
Peter was in college and visiting his parents, I saw him and he lent me --
at my request --  a copy of Mandel's two-volume _Marxist Economic Theory_.
I remember that Peter didn't much approve of Mandel's writings at the
time.

In solidarity, Jerry