Re: [OPE-L] The International Diffusion of Capitalist Development

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Fri May 19 2006 - 03:46:39 EDT

I had written:

Whether there will be resistance to the denationalization of assets by the USG
I am not sure. I am sure there will be some!

Jerry, I got tongue tied because I did not want to pick a fight with
you. Of course
there will be resistance by the USG to the purchase of all kinds of
assets by foreigners.
I did not understand why you were questioning Patnaik on this point
as it did not seem
to be the most controversial or interesting point in his analysis.
Perhaps you could explain
why you picked out the point that you did.

Rakesh