Re: [OPE-L] Publishing and selling books on political economy

From: michael a. lebowitz (mlebowit@SFU.CA)
Date: Thu May 25 2006 - 17:52:38 EDT

At 13:27 25/05/2006, Jurriaan wrote:

>As Samuel Bowles suggested, "Marxism" is in reality a largely exhausted
>discourse, and as Jonathan Nitzan noted, "Marxism" is inimical to Marx's own
>lifework, though Marx himself continues to inspire (and exhaust) many
>people.

ARGHHHHHH! We're lost! Not the resort to the Bowles-Nitzan authority gambit!
Had to restrain myself from saying more. As Zippy the Pinhead said,
if you can't say something nice, say something surreal.
Maybe you should just stop reading exhausted Marxism (and putting
entries on Marxist economics on Wikipedia).
Michael A. Lebowitz
Professor Emeritus
Economics Department
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5A 1S6

Currently based in Venezuela. Can be reached at
Residencias Anauco Suites
Departamento 601
Parque Central, Zona Postal 1010, Oficina 1
Caracas, Venezuela
(58-212) 573-4111
fax: (58-212) 573-7724