[OPE-L] my wikipedia entries

From: Jurriaan Bendien (adsl675281@TISCALI.NL)
Date: Fri May 26 2006 - 12:15:11 EDT

I've done a few wikipedia entries on various topics, both Marxian and
non-Marxian, on a suggestion by Jim Devine. Many of the existing Marxian
entries were IMO pretty bad and there were no entries for some others. In my
experience, even most economics students are pretty bad at explaining what
econometric concepts mean. Since I have some experience of wrestling with
those concepts and probinfg their meaning, I thought I would write that up.
This does not commit me to "Marxism" or sloganism, it commits me to the idea
that these concepts have a definite meaning, that not just anything can mean
anything, and that you can explain them free from the constraints of dogma
and orthodoxy. Wikipedia is often used, so this small reference service
reaps its own reward, in eliminating at least some bullshit talked about
these concepts. But if I am wrong in my articles, someone can always improve
them.

Jurriaan