Re: [OPE-L] old books and new books

From: Fred Moseley (fmoseley@MTHOLYOKE.EDU)
Date: Tue May 30 2006 - 22:48:23 EDT

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your interesting post on corporate accounting tricks.

Do you have a rough idea of the extent of the debt that is kept
"off the books" by "special purpose vehicles"?

Also, do you know if this "off the books" debt is included in the
Fed's Flow of Funds estimates of corporate debt?

Thanks in advance for any additional information you can give us
about this important problem.

Comradely,
Fred