Re: [OPE-L] workers' consumption and capitalists' consumption

From: Philip Dunn (hyl0morph@YAHOO.CO.UK)
Date: Sat Jun 03 2006 - 18:15:38 EDT

Hi Ian

On Sat, 2006-06-03 at 13:52 -0700, Ian Wright wrote:
> Hi Phil
>
> > v'=l(I-A*)^{-1}
> >
> > where v' is the vector of real-cost labour values, and A* is the
> > technology matrix augmented by capitalist consumption."
> >
> > Rewrite them as:
> >
> > v = l(B-A)^{-1}
> > v'= l(B-A*)^{-1}
> >
> > where the output matrix B = I.
> >
> > Consider:
> >
> > v'= l(B*-A)^{-1}
> >
> > where B* = B - (A* - A).
>
> This gives
> v'=l(B-(A*-A)-A)^{-1}
> v'=l(B-A*)^{-1}
> v'=l(I-A*)^{-1}
>
> ie. we're back to the real-cost definition of labour values. Maybe
> there's a typo in your message?

No typo. I am saying that leaving capitalists' consumption out of what
labour produces is equivalent to the real cost definition. The value of
capitalists' consumption is immortal in these circumstances. It just
goes round and round. Labour creates only the value of workers'
consumption.

Similarly, if workers' consumption transfers to the commodity produced,
labour creates only the value of capitalists' consumption. The value of
workers' consumption is then immortal.

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html