Re: [OPE-L] workers' consumption and capitalists' consumption

From: Ian Wright (wrighti@ACM.ORG)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2006 - 19:06:09 EDT

Hi Allin

> It's an open question whether Marx excludes capitalists'
> consumption from the inputs?
>
> If that's the open question, I'll try to provide chapter and
> verse.

If you feel motivated to do so it will certainly help the discussion.
However, I am having trouble keeping up. And this needs to be a
dialogue. In consequence, I think it might be better to first gain
clarity on the difference between real-cost labour-value accounting
and Sraffian labour-value accounting before looking back to the texts
for evidence for and against each scheme. In this respect, I think
Ajit's discussion of the corn-economy example is more fruitful at this
stage.

Best wishes,
-Ian.