Re: [OPE-L] Sraffian surplus vs Marxian surplus

From: ajit sinha (sinha_a99@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2006 - 06:19:10 EDT

--- Jurriaan Bendien <adsl675281@TISCALI.NL> wrote:

> However, I was
> really looking for a reference to a specific
> analytical discussion of
> Sraffian vs Marxian concepts of surplus.
_________________________

You can take a look at my paper: ‘Understanding the
Transformation Problem: Is the Standard Commodity a
Solution?’, Review of Radical Political Economics,
32(2), 2000, pp. 265-281.

By the way, Marx was in full agreement with Smith and
Ricardo on their notion of 'centre of gravitation',
which is nothing but market's equilibrating mechanism.
But I do not want to start a debate on this issue
right now. Cheers, ajit sinha
 I tend to