Re: [OPE-L] ISMT Conference in July on Marx and MEGA 2

From: ope-admin@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu
Date: Fri Jun 30 2006 - 09:56:26 EDT

Michael H et al,

What do we know about _why_ Marx wrote the drafts in the order in
which he did?  I.e. _why_ did he write the drafts for what became
Volume 3 of _Capital_ before writing Volume I?; why did he write the
drafts for most of what became Volume 2 after writing the drafts for
what became Volume 3 and Volume 1?

My supposition -- subject to correction -- is that _it didn't matter_
what order he wrote the volumes of _Capital_, but that still doesn't
answer the question _why_, does it?

In solidarity, Jerry
Somesville, MDI