Re: [OPE-L] wage labor

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2006 - 14:00:04 EDT

Hi Gil,
didn't get to your paper last night, but let me take this opportunity
to thank you in quasi public for the very helpful (and extensive)
critical comments on my ideas
about wage labour. Your command of the texts is impressive and proves
helpful all the time. Perhaps I am the one who does put explanatory
primacy on the Roemerian scarcity of productive assets! It is interesting
that after all the hullaboo about your chapter 5 critique we share
an understanding of productive and wage labour that is in opposition to most
Marxists.
Yours, Rakesh

ps Paul, in order to respond to your challenges, I would have to read
the Ragwi papers,
and I don't have the time now. Again the absolute loss of jobs in mfg  suggests
to me something quite troubling.