[OPE-L] Grundrisse. Help

From: Jurriaan Bendien (adsl675281@TISCALI.NL)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2006 - 07:14:09 EDT

Rakesh,

If you are trying to bait me into believing that I am trying to insult you,
perhaps I ought to drop the subject altogether.

Long before Marx, various political economists and philosophers had already
made "idealisations" of economic life, and Marx's main achievement was a
more coherent theory, through a systematic critique of what went before.

Sure, Marx's approach to idealisations has unique aspects, but he was
neither the first, nor the only one to examine theoretically "pure
instances" of capitalist relations.

Jurriaan