Re: [OPE-L] OPE and reasoned discussion

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2006 - 11:19:31 EDT

> Dear OPE comrades,
>   Jerry Levy contacted me off-list concerning some recent nastiness on
> OPE.
>   I just want to let it be known that, as a matter of policy, I do not
> read *any* posts on *any* subject from Rakesh B.

Very convenient so now that as an editor you won't have to read a complaint
that you have allowed for plagiarism!

 I urge everyone else
> to adopt the same policy.  If you reply, publicly, you are falling into
> his trap.  Just let it be clear that OPE is for comradely discussion and
> debate, and not for flames, and that flaming behavior will not be
> tolerated.  It's that simple.

I have had many scholarly and reasoned debates on this list with many people.
All you are doing is creating an excuse for not reading my complaint of
plagiarism,
and for the record... I did not start the recent flame war about TSSI,
Levy did.

>   With Stavros, I apologize for not having been able to participate more
> actively in the discussions on the list.  I appreciate receiving notices
> off-list on anything that anyone thinks should be brought to my
> attention, and always respond fully to those.

You had until my recent post responded to my offlist posts. This policy of
not responding
to me just began to ignore my complaint of plagiarism!

Rakesh