Re: [OPE-L] 'primitive' or 'original', etc.

From: Howard Engelskirchen (howarde@TWCNY.RR.COM)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2006 - 23:53:49 EDT

Ajit wrote:

Now, to write a book of the same nature
as CAPITAL from the wage-labor point of view, one will
first of all need to ask: what will be the 'surplus'
from the wage-labor's point of view?

I think Capital as written is pretty clear about 'surplus' from the
perspective of wage labor:  surplus appears as labor's own product, the
conditions of production in their aggregate, separated from actual workers
as the property of non-producers, leaving workers without capacity to
produce their own existence, forcing the sale of labor power for a wage, and
then in the process of production dominating workers, sucking living labor
from them, still as the property of non-producers, in order to enhance its
own being on an ever increasing scale.  Given the existence of wage labor (a
legitimate assumption if we're to adopt its point of view), the sufficient
cause for all these effects is the ongoing appropriation of the entire
product of labor by a class of non-producers.

Howard