Re: [OPE-L] The growing global market for derivatives and swaps

From: Jerry Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2006 - 08:50:52 EDT

Hi Patrick and Jurriaan:

In significant ways, it's not the plain old story told in Volume 3, etc.
For example, there is at least in some advanced capitalist nations the
rise in working-class savings and the rise in credit card indebtedness by
the working class.  The growth of pension funds and mutual funds
owned (but not controlled) by working-class families isn't part of the Vol.
3 story either.

In solidarity, Jerry