Re: [OPE-L] robert owen

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Sun Oct 15 2006 - 20:47:27 EDT

Hi Dogan:

You might be surprised by the extent to which contemporary anarchists
have discussed Robert Owen, e.g. see Kenneth Rexroth's (1974) chapter
on Communalism:
<http://www.bopsecrets.org/rexroth/communalism6.htm>

I'm not sure how many more recent academic publications by anarchists on
Owen there have been (I imagine you're right about that) but outside of
the scholarly community there is probably more interest among anarchists
about Utopianism in all forms than there is interest among most Marxists
about value theory. I think, btw, that having a discussion about Owen on
this list would be quite interesting given the divergent theoretical and
political beliefs represented in the list membership.

In solidarity, Jerry