Re: [OPE-L] Robert Owen

From: Dogan Goecmen (Dogangoecmen@AOL.COM)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2006 - 06:40:15 EDT

Hi Ajit, thank you very much for your  questions.

By 'market in itself' I mean that we can develop an objective understanding
of market independently from what all sorts of ideologies say about and
ascribe  to it. I mean the question we have to pose is this: what is the nature of
market. Based on this objective grasp we can then judge about these ideologies
 whether they are right or wrong. Market is an institution where humans get
in  touch with one another for a certain purpose: the exchange of commodities.
That  is to say that human relations on market are mediated by commodities -
either  directly or indirectly by means of money. So, the question what is the
nature of  market changes into the question what is the nature of commodity
and money.The  analysis of commodity and money must then be analysed in terms of
human relation  because commodities are being exchanged by human beings.
These questions  are profoundly posed and analysed, I think, in the first Chapter
of the Capital  of Marx. This is my reply to your two questions in short.
Thanks again.

Warm regards,
Dogan.

In einer eMail vom 20.10.2006 12:23:11 Westeuropäische Sommerzeit schreibt
sinha_a99@YAHOO.COM:

---  Dogan Goecmen <Dogangoecmen@AOL.COM> wrote:

> I am not  interested in what plenty of ideologies say
> about markets.  Rather  I
> am interested in the question what they are in
>  temselves and think that the
> best analysis of them is given in the  first chapter
> of the Capital by   Marx.
Can you please explain what is market  in itself, in
your opinion, and why do you think that CAPITAL ch.1
has  the best analysis of it? Cheers, ajit  sinha

Do You  Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection  around
http://mail.yahoo.com