[OPE-L] Fwd: [PEF-info] Job posting: York U

From: michael a. lebowitz (mlebowit@SFU.CA)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2006 - 15:11:16 EDT

A note-- the last person who filled this position, I believe, had a
Econ phd from UMass--- before finding a home in an econ department.
>Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:57:33 -0700
>To: pef-info@list.web.net
>From: Marc Lee <marc@policyalternatives.ca>
>Subject: [PEF-info] Job posting: York U
>         ---- ----------------------
>
>Hi all,
>
>A job posting with a more leftish bent this time:
>

>The Department of Political Science, Faculty of Arts, York
>University invites applications for a tenure-track position at the
>Assistant Professor level in Comparative Political Economy.
>
>Required qualifications include a completed PhD in Political
>Science, or equivalent, and an ongoing program of research in
>political economy from a comparative perspective. The successful
>candidate must be suitable for prompt appointment to the Graduate
>Program in Political Science.
>
>The position, to commence July 1, 2007, is subject to budgetary approval.
>
>Applicants should submit a letter of application, including a
>curriculum vitae, teaching dossier and sample publication, and
>arrange to have three confidential letters of reference sent to:
>Professor David McNally, Chair, Department of Political Science,
>Faculty of Arts, S669 Ross Building, York University, 4700 Keele
>Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M3J 1P3. Tel: 416.736.2100,
>x20266. Fax: 416.736.5686.
>
>York University is an Affirmative Action Employer.  The Affirmative
>Action Program can be found on York's website at
>www.yorku.ca/acadjobs or a copy can be obtained by calling the
>affirmative action office at 416.736.5713.  All qualified candidates
>are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent
>residents will be given priority.
>
>Deadline: November 15, 2006
>--
>
>*******************************
>
>Marc Lee
>Senior Economist
>Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives -- BC Office
>1400-207 West Hastings St.
>Vancouver, BC  V6B 1H7
>E: marc@policyalternatives.ca
>T: 604-801-5121 x228
>F: 604-801-5122
>CAW 3000

Michael A. Lebowitz
Professor Emeritus
Economics Department
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5A 1S6

Currently based in Venezuela.
NOTE NEW PHONE NUMBERS
Can be reached at
Residencias Anauco Suites
Departamento 601
Parque Central, Zona Postal 1010, Oficina 1
Caracas, Venezuela
(58-212) 573-6333, 571-1520, 571-3820 (or hotel cell: 0412-200-7540)
fax: (58-212) 573-7724