[OPE-L] Fw: ICAPE 2007 (deadline 1/15/07)

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Sat Nov 11 2006 - 19:14:43 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Garnett, Rob" <R.Garnett@tcu.edu>
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2006 4:15 PM
Subject: ICAPE 2007 (deadline 1/15/07)

Dear colleague and fellow heterodox economist,

Between now and January 15, I hope you will feel inspired (or coerced,
whichever you find more compelling) to propose a paper for the ICAPE
conference on Economic Pluralism for the 21st Century, to be held June 1-3
at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City.

Like ICAPE's inaugural conference in 2003, this is a "big tent" conference
open to all economic thinkers, topics, and fields of specialization.

We have received proposals so far from scholars in 12 countries (Belgium,
China, Colombia, Denmark, Germany, India, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, the
U.K., and the U.S.) who represent a several distinct traditions of thought.
This is a healthy start.

But in order to fulfill ICAPE's mission of promoting intellectual diversity
and inter-paradigmatic exchange in economic scholarship and education, we
need to elicit proposals from a critical mass of Austrian, Feminist,
Institutional-Evolutionary, Marxian, Postcolonial, Post Keynesian,
Postmodern, Radical, Social, Sraffian, and OUT (Otherwise Unorthodox and
Talented) economists.

In short, we need more proposals from economic thinkers like YOU!

If you would like to join us for three days of unusually good conference
conversation, food, and drink in Salt Lake City next June, please send a
250-word abstract to Rob Garnett (r.garnett@tcu.edu
<mailto:r.garnett@tcu.edu> ) no later than January 15.

Or, to learn more about the conference or ICAPE itself (the International
Confederation of Associations for Pluralism in Economics), please visit our
web site: www.icape.org <http://www.icape.org/> .

We really hope to hear from you!

For the ICAPE conference organizers (Al Campbell, Wilfred Dolfsma, Edward
Fullbrook, Rob Garnett, Neva Goodwin, John Henry, Mary King, Fred Lee, Ed
McNertney, Judith Mehta, Erik Olsen, and Martha Starr),

Rob

Rob Garnett
Department of Economics
Box 298510