Re: [OPE-L] A question on literature concerning "hoards" in Volume 2 of Capital

From: Hanno Pahl (hanno.pahl@UNI-BIELEFELD.DE)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2006 - 17:13:52 EST

> Hanno, please elaborate on how this concerns the logic of Marx's
> methodological approach...
>
> Rakesh

Hi Rakesh,

sorry for the delay! Academic constraints... as usual.

I think I dont want to refer to the logic of Marx' methodological approach
in general right now and right here. But one point that I think is
remarkable concerns some kind of unfruitful yet ubiquitous division of
labour in the Marxian discourse. It seems to me that "value-form theorists"
in general tend to focus on Volume I while "Marxist economists" typically
("knee-jerking") refer to those parts of Volume II and III where one is able
to calculate (i.e. the schemes of reproduction or the transformation
problem). There are some exceptions to this rule, for sure. But in general,
both realms are barely connected.

Hanno