[OPE-L] Feminist Economics conference (fwd)

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2006 - 14:13:20 EST

International Association for Feminist Economics, 16th Annual Conference
Call for Papers

Please post and distribute widely

The International Association for Feminist Economics (IAFFE) is now
accepting submissions for the 16th Annual IAFFE Conference in Bangkok,
Thailand, June 29 -- July 1, 2007.

Themes

Panel proposals and individual paper submissions are invited on any aspect
of feminist inquiry into economic issues. As this is the first IAFFE
conference to be held in Southeast Asia, we particularly encourage
participation of researchers, policy makers, and activists from this
region. Important themes include migration and migrant workers, trade and
its impact on women, sex work and the sex trade, informal work, women and
politics in Asia, and aging. Interdisciplinary approaches are welcome.

Submissions

Proposals must be submitted on-line via the IAFFE website (www.iaffe.org)
unless you do not have internet access (mail to Martha MacDonald, Saint
Mary's University, Halifax, NS Canada B3H 3C3). Submissions can be made for
panels or individual papers. Titles and abstracts for all papers (including
those that are part of panels) are required. Check the IAFFE website for
detailed submission guidelines.

Deadline

The deadline for submissions is January 31, 2007. Acceptances will be
announced by early March. If you need a decision earlier for funding
purposes please e-mail Bangkok@iaffe.org.

Travel Funds

IAFFE works to raise funds to provide some financial assistance with travel
and other expenses associated with attending our Annual Conferences for
people from developing and transition economies, including Eastern Europe
and the former U.S.S.R. Our goal is to foster the diversity of the
geographical representation and perspectives at IAFFE conferences. People
who plan to present a paper at the conference, and who come from countries
with developing and transition economies, are eligible to apply for this
funding. The deadline is January 31, 2007. You must also submit a paper
proposal by the January 31st deadline. Please check the IAFFE website for
Travel Grant application information or write to iaffe@iaffe.org.