Re: [OPE-L] marx's conception of labour

From: clyder@GN.APC.ORG
Date: Sat Nov 18 2006 - 15:50:30 EST

Quoting Rakesh Bhandari <bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU>:
> Can a non human animal distinguish between a movement which is also an
> action and one which is not? If not, then how would a non human animal
> know it has lost the capacity for action?

I am not sure I understand what you mean, or what point
you are making here. Could you give an example that would
clarify it?

I gave the example of caging an animal as an example of depriving
the animal of its capacity for the actions of freely moving about
and seeking food, mates etc.

I also dont understand why you see these points as germane to
Marx original distinction between architects and bees and spiders.