Re: [OPE-L] *enforcing* the list rule against flaming

From: michael a. lebowitz (mlebowit@SFU.CA)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2006 - 22:05:06 EST

About time.
         michael
At 13:46 26/11/2006, you wrote:
>Rakesh has been given a "time out".
>
>If and when he is ready to change his behavior and respect the list rule
>against flaming (i.e. personal abuse) then he will be re-admitted.
>
>In solidarity, Jerry
>

> > you'll
> > see that you don't know what you are talking about.
> > But that's not unusual.
>
> >   I wil reiterate that Jerry's reasserting nineteenth century ideas
> > about primitive communism or savagery is the  very definition of
> > racism. My usage of the term is precise. In fact it would have been
> > paternalistic and falsely polite not to describe Jerry's claim as
> > racist. For that is exactly what it is. I do not throw the term
> > around.
>
> > Or perhaps you are so ignorant you don't know
> > the scholarly importance of the people on whom I draw.  This is of
> > course most probable.

Michael A. Lebowitz
Professor Emeritus
Economics Department
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5A 1S6

Currently based in Venezuela.
NOTE NEW PHONE NUMBERS
Can be reached at
Residencias Anauco Suites
Departamento 601
Parque Central, Zona Postal 1010, Oficina 1
Caracas, Venezuela
(58-212) 573-6333, 571-1520, 571-3820 (or hotel cell: 0412-200-7540)
fax: (58-212) 573-7724