[OPE-L] SV: [OPE-L] SV: [OPE-L] what is irrational in the functioning of capitalism?

From: Martin Kragh (Martin.Kragh@HHS.SE)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2006 - 07:50:35 EST

Hi Dogan,

First I tried to reply to all your questions, but they deserve more attention than I can afford. I am sorry about this, I would like to return to them however, at some other time. I can only say this much. You wrote (and I think this summarizes the debate):

"How do you think about this contradiction? Is it rational compared to the aims of production? Is it rational compared to the interests of society. Is it just a matter of the view one happens to take or are able to make a more objective evaluation."

The contradiction we see, is, I believe, real. To ask if it is rational or not makes little sense to me, this is how the system works. Bottomline, I think Marx' critique is ethical. We do not "happen" to take certain views, the way we regard society is a result of each person's struggle, intellectually as well as in society. To strive for what you label "objective evaluation" makes little sense to me. This, atleast, is the way I see it.

Many kind regards,
Martin