Re: [OPE-L] SV: [OPE-L] what is irrational in the functioning of capitalism?

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2006 - 14:46:34 EST

>Rakesh's conception below is a neoclassical, i.e., the drive for
>consumption drives economic activity.

Yes if you put it that way, Paul. I too struggled with what Andrew
Trigg is saying but think there is something important to his
argument.

  Note I'm not talking about just anyone's consumption and
  just any consumption. The luxury consumption of the possessing class funded
out of the surplus value from the valorization of capital. That's the
motive of Mr. Moneybags,
not the accumulation of capital as an end in itself.

Don't see why this is neo classical or feudal.

Please explain.

Rakesh