Re: [OPE-L] SV: [OPE-L] what is irrational in the functioning ofcapitalism?

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2006 - 21:15:33 EST

Yes, Diego,  he would have to allow for this wine model since it's
clearly no less realistic than his own! That's your point, right?
The debate about full automation also misses a couple of Marx's
points. 1. Capital can't in fact make full use of the technical
knowledge of human kind--having to pay only for labor power, capital
does not calculate  full labor costs in decisions to mechanize and
consequently fetters advances in mechanization and 2. mechanization
is likely to cause convulsive crises along the way.
Rakesh