Re: [OPE-L] History as Spiral

From: Dogan Goecmen (Dogangoecmen@AOL.COM)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2006 - 18:13:19 EST

Jerry,

you mean my wonderful old friend Robert Owen, right? I have older Friends
who are equally important in tis matter. Thank you. Another passage by Marx is
in Karl Marx in the Deutsche-Brüsseler Zeitung. Moralising Criticism and
Critical Morality, A Contribution to German Cultural History, Contra Karl
Heinzen, Deutsche-Brüsseler-Zeitung No. 90, November 11, 1847:

*Any development, whatever its substance may  be, can be represented as a
series of different stages of development that are  connected in such a way that
one forms the negation of the other. If,  for example, a people develops from
absolute monarchy to constitutional  monarchy, it negates its former political
being. In no sphere can one  undergo a development without negating one’s
previous mode of existence.*

See: _http://www.marx.org/archive/marx/works/1847/10/31.htm_
(http://www.marx.org/archive/marx/works/1847/10/31.htm)

In einer eMail vom 08.12.2006 23:39:35 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt
Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM:

Dogan:

Don't forget the following citation from Engels which  refers
to your old friend:

<
_http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:Rt7SjJnEkN8J:www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1877/anti-duhring/ch24.htm+%22spiral%22+site:www.marxists.org/archi
ve/marx/&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=8_