[OPE-L] "Land, Rain, Fire: Report from Oaxaca" is now online

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Sun Dec 17 2006 - 19:55:54 EST

I saw Tami Gold's and  Gerard Renique's "Land, Rain, Fire" in the Spring
when it was shown as part of the "Labor Goes to the Movies" monthly film
series sponsored by a union I (and David L and Tony T) beelong to, the
Professional Staff Congress (PSC). I recommend it highly and now it's
available *FREE ONLINE* (at a website of a group that I am a member of).
This movie is even more important now then when I saw it. It is a fast
moving and fluid situation now in Oaxaca.  The lives of so many people
(inside and outside of Oaxaca and Mexico) will be affected by the outcome
of that struggle aggainst a repressive state and for autonomy.

The 30 minute "Land, Rain, Fire: Report From Oaxaca" film that Tami Gold
and Gerardo Renique made is now available in it's entirety on the homepage
of <http://www.friendsofbradwill.org>

There is a description of the film at the end of the following message.
The stuff in the middle should only be of interest to the few listmembers
who live in or near New York City.