[OPE-L] SV: [OPE-L] SV: [OPE-L] What Ahmadinejad actually said - lost in translation...

From: Martin Kragh (Martin.Kragh@HHS.SE)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2007 - 09:41:49 EST

[OPE-L] What Ahmadinejad actually said - lost in translation...

Hi all,

I agree with parts of what you all are saying; however, I do believe that there are at least two plausible interpretations of this "metaphorically shrouded" statement:

A: the current zionist regime must disappear.
B: Israel must disappear.

If the correct translation goes that the "regime...must vanish from the page of time"; I do not see why this cannot be interpreted as him meaning that: Israel (=regime), that should exist no more. As Paul does, by bringing the "killing of millions of people" thing into this really doesn't contribute since nobody ever said anything about that.

I will end now, even though I did write a longer reply which I erased. However, it seems to me we are only talking pass one another and this debate is not really leading anywhere; so I will end here.

Many kind regards
Martin