[OPE-L] Althusser

From: Jerry Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2007 - 08:58:30 EST

Hi Jurriaan:

Well, I guess it came as a shock to everyone (or just about everyone)
who knew about him.  I don't think it really should inform or guide our
interpretation of his perspectives, which were developed at an earlier stage
in his life.

One certainly can't deduce anything about his theory or praxis from that
action.   It's by no means unheard of for someone's mental health to
deteriorate.  Nor does the cause of that deterioration have to be a tendency
already latent in an earlier stage: e.g. changes in brain chemistry can
dramatically alter individual perceptions and behavior.

In solidarity, Jerry