Re: [OPE-L] question on the interpretation of labour values

From: Philip Dunn (hyl0morph@YAHOO.CO.UK)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2007 - 14:05:14 EST

Hi Ian,

I do recall suggesting, some time ago, that you stay away from all this
stuff.

Let us not make life difficult for ourselves.

I want to take the value accounting perspective to its ultimate extreme.

Consider Marx's notion of relative value. The relative value of a
produced commodity is expressed by the equivalent value of the money it
sells for.

The relative value of money is expressed by the equivalent value of
labour.

If 1 million hours are worked then the value of "money value added" is 1
million hours.

End of Story.

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html