Re: [OPE-L] questions on the interpretation of labour values

From: ajit sinha (sinha_a99@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2007 - 09:27:33 EST

--- Diego Guerrero <diego.guerrero@CPS.UCM.ES> wrote:

> Hi Ajit,
>

> Remember the table I used in a previous message:
>

>      A values
>      B prices

>       Values and prices with profits proportional to
> variable capital
>

>       wH

>       II
>
>       Values and prices with profits proportional to
> total capital
>

>       pH

>       III
>
>       Values and prices including different rates of
> profit in each sector
>

>       mH

______________________________

I'm sorry, I don't understand your table. You don't
specify unit of measurement anywhere and without it,
it is not making any sense to me. So please specify
the units of measurements. Furthermore, I don't
understand what do categories such as "Values and
prices with profits proportional to variable capital"
mean? Are you saying that value measures are dependent
on profits? In any case, what do you mean by "prices
with profits proportional to variable capital"? Is
there any constant capital element in your table I? If
no, then why would value ratios and price ratios
diverge? And if there are constant capital element in
it, then what is the meaning of taking "profits
proportional to variable capital only"? I think we
should try to go step by step, then may be we could
get somewhere. Why not start with specifying the units
of measure for all variables? Cheers, ajit sinha

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front