Re: [OPE-L] questions on the interpretation of labour values

From: Diego Guerrero (diego.guerrero@CPS.UCM.ES)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2007 - 08:22:12 EST

I understand you wish to "stop this thread" now.

You wrote: "If Marx distinguishes
> labor, it is at the level of social relations of
> production and not at the level of the physical
> production process"

Precisely! This is why you don't understand Marx. A horse is not more an
active element in human production than a car or a ship is. _Active element_
means here that it acts as a subject, not as an object. Whether one acts as
a cog in the machine or not, it doesn't matter here. For Marx, things, facts
and concepts are socially determined, and all his theory is
anthropologically designed. A _good_ is not something universally good; it
is a good for human society. For example a shit is usually a good for a fly,
not usually for mankind. Likewise, the sun _produces_ light, the horse
movement and the cow meat... But all those things don't _produce_ from the
point of view of human production. This is fetishist. You speak as the
typical _hyper-materialist_ who would deserve the fiercest critique from
Marx's materialist point of view. Moreover, you seem to confuse
science-fiction films with reality: completely automatic production is
impossible; what it is possible is a more and more automatic production as
designed by human labour.

Cheers,

Diego