Re: [OPE-L] What is most important in Marx's theory?

From: ope-admin@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu
Date: Mon Mar 12 2007 - 05:41:19 EDT

---------------------------- Original Message ---------------------------
Subject: Re: [OPE-L] What is most important in Marx's theory?
From:    "Riccardo Bellofiore" <riccardo.bellofiore@unibg.it>
Date:    Mon, March 12, 2007 3:59 am
To:      "OPE-L" <OPE-L@SUS.CSUCHICO.EDU>

Very good p̣ost, Howard. Too complicated to
answer. I agree with a lot of things.

The point here, however, is simple. Marx proceeds
as if all latent value is always "realized",
after having explained in the first three
chapters that this cannot be assumed as a feature
of the way the world is. An interpretation which
works without taking into account this is not a
good interpretation, IMHO. All the first three
chapters appears odd.

Like you, I am against the reasomning with
assuumptions, stopping there. That is the thrust
of my insistence about grounging the LTV, so I
agree that the LTV is NOT an assumption, or a
postulate.

rb