Re: [OPE-L] What is most important in Marx's theory?

From: Riccardo Bellofiore (riccardo.bellofiore@UNIBG.IT)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2007 - 13:11:29 EDT

too many points.

few insuffficient answer:

- I am not talking of history, but of capital in a very abstract
sense, and assuming workers fully get the value of labour power

-  exploitation as surplus labour is secondary relative to my
meaning: or, the prolongation of the social working day is possible
because of what I underloine, which means that the problem has not to
do with the distribution of labour quantities, but in the way labour
is 'commanded' by capital

- this 'command' is dual, both on the labour market and in the
production process (se chapter VI unpublished)

- I am just following ch. 21-23: it is my macro perspctive that shows
how limited is the 'freedom' on the market. But the wage laborer is
not, at my level of abstraction, the same as the slave or the serf.
The differentia specifica must be underlined.

Almost all that you affirm could be easily inserted in the
development of my argument, except your too strong dichotomy between
the labour market and the production process.

rb