Re: [OPE-L] What is most important in Marx's theory?

From: ope-admin@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 04:45:08 EDT

---------------------------- Original Message -------------------------
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:06:40 +0100
To: OPE-L <OPE-L@SUS.CSUCHICO.EDU>
From: Riccardo Bellofiore <riccardo.bellofiore@unibg.it>
Subject: Re: [OPE-L] What is most important in Marx's theory?

Inclination, yes. Time, no. So the point is if you are willing to
accept from me quick and short answers written in a hurry.

The need to explain form where money comes from ALWAYS exist. You
have to explain the first inflow. In your case, happens that the
finance is a self-revolving fund (as Keynes said in 1937-9). It is
ALMOST authomatic. But if you think, as me, that banks finance
firms' production processes, then you explain the inflow and also
that the decision to renew that fund must be repeated at each cycle.

With non-commodity bank money, with no intrinsic value,
money-capital has however, in my vue, a "labour-content", if the
class working class "subsistence", or any how the class working
class reeal consumption, is taken as given.

So, I think there is a connection between our problematics. I just
disagree in imputing Sraffa what is not to be attributed to him.

Hope that clarifies something, and thanks for the patience.

riccardo