Re: [OPE-L] questions on the interpretation of labour values

From: Jerry Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2007 - 11:58:51 EDT

Hi Fred:

I am confused by your most recent reply to Ajit.

Didn't you acknowledge years ago (Spring, 2001)  that the numbers
generated by your formulas were identical  to those generated in the
equations of the "simultaneists", surplus approach theorists included.
For the TSS theorist and former list member who debated you on this
point, this was particularly damning!  As I recall the exchange, you
were  somewhat surprised by this result but not convinced it was of
great significance -- because the issue of sequential vs. simultaneous
determination remained even if the numbers generated by both sets of
equations were identical.

Is my memory of that exchange incorrect?

In solidarity, Jerry