[OPE-L] advances and ongoing debates in physics and statistical mechanics?

From: Jerry Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2007 - 11:55:59 EDT

> > <http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a4_132.html>
> Having checked your reference it appears that these debates
> were an early investigation as to whether Angels followed Fermi-Dirac
> or Bose-Einstein statistics, and as we now know, the latter
> has some pretty damned weird consequences.

Hi Paul C:

OK, I'll  a couple of bites:  a small and a large bite:

[putting aside the Estimation of  the Magnitude of the Spatial
Concentration of Angels Question:]

small bite:  what are the "pretty damned weird consequences"
     of B-E statistics?

large bite:  what advances and ongoing debates in physics have
      occurred in the last 30 years which Marxians interested in
      political economy should be aware of?

(others on the list are also invited to offer answers to the 2nd
question.)

In solidarity, Jerry