Re: [OPE-L] the forest and trees and classes of capitalism

From: Diego Guerrero (diego.guerrero@CPS.UCM.ES)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2007 - 13:59:15 EDT

Hi, Jerry,

In my opinion, what Marx says is: what appears to be a tree, is in fact an
element of the forest. That is: we see a specific use-value or tree, but as
a commodity it has a value, and value cannot be understood unless see it as
being a use-value produced with a fraction of the abstract labour of society
(the forest).

Cheers,
Diego